Friday, March 1, 2013

People Drive Your Business, Not Search Engines


I have recognized an incredibly dangerous trend: marketing for search engines, and not the people that use them. In fact, I'm willing to bet the majority of affiliate marketers out there trying to make money, yet failing, are those who focus too much of their energy on search engines.

Imagine this is a poll. How many of you reading this believe that search engines are the key to your business?

That was a test, anyone that answered "I do" is wrong.

Try not to be insulted.

Although many people try to deny it, there are only two forms of article marketing.

The first is filled with people who are trying to drive as much traffic to their site as possible.

The second is filled with people who give as much value as they can, and get clicks from people who want that value.

Trust me when I say that you want to be the second kind of person.

Here's the deal: when you write for search engines, and care little about the people reading your articles, then you aren't creating a business.

A business online is just like a business in the flesh. People come into your store, browse around, and listen to your sales pitch.

If you keep pitching them garbage, and all they find in your store is garbage, it doesn't matter if your store comes up #1 on Google or whatever, you won't make money.

People are the key to your business.

Not search engine optimization, algorithms, or numbers.

Once you focus on the people, money will follow.

For example, if people read this article, and are inspired by it, they will go to my website below, and enjoy the information provided.

If they enjoy that information, then I can start building a relationship with them. I can contact them, and give them what they need.

I'll scratch their back, and point them in the right direction. But in return, they scratch mine.

If you stop imagining your online business as this big ogre trying to take money away from innocent people, then you'll find your profits, just like I have.

People read articles, people share articles, and people make you money.

It all comes down to that.

So who cares if this article is optimized? Who cares if I don't have enough key words, and I'm not getting the most out of my site's ranking? As long as I'm providing solid content to the people who need it, I'll do just fine.

So I want you to do me a favor, and go out right now and write your own, non-optimized article. Write it without the slightest indication of search engines. Write an article to help people, and to inspire people to do better with their lives.




0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。